Consisting of perfectly poached eggs, crispy bacon, and creamy hollandaise sauce served atop a toasted English muffin, it’s easy to see why Eggs Benedict is a beloved brunch dish. Allegedly first served in the 1860s in New York City’s first public restaurant, Delmonico’s, the decadent breakfast item is now a staple of many brunch hotspots – but, many don’t realize just how simple it is to create the dish at home. Save your money and try this recipe the next time you’re craving a flavorful and filling breakfast!
• 8 pieces of bacon
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons white vinegar
• 2 English muffins
For the blender hollandaise:
• 10 tablespoons salted butter
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Dash of hot sauce
1. Start by frying the bacon using a large skillet on medium-low heat. When done, remove the bacon from the pan and set it on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat.
2. While the bacon is cooking, bring a large saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then add the vinegar. Bring the water to a boil again, then lower the heat to a bare simmer.
3. To make blender hollandaise, melt 10 Tbsp salted butter. Put egg yolks and lemon juice in the blender and blend on medium speed for 20-30 seconds, until eggs lighten in color.
4. Turn blender down to lowest setting, slowly dribble in the hot melted butter, while continuing to blend. Add more salt or lemon juice to taste.
5. Now, it’s time to poach the eggs. Working one at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, slip in another until all four eggs are cooking.
6. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes. When it comes time to remove the eggs, gently lift them out with a slotted spoon.
7. While the eggs are cooking, toast your English muffins. If needed, gently remove the thoroughly cooked eggs from the poaching water and set them in a bowl until the muffins are ready.
8. To assemble the sandwiches, butter one side of an English muffin. Top with two slices of bacon. Put a poached egg on top of the bacon, then pour some hollandaise over.
It’s always exciting to spice up your daily routine with something new! That’s why The Palms at Juban Lakes Apartments in Denham Springs, Louisiana encourages you to try out our weekly recipes.